Our partners are existing or promising leaders in the natural resource, social justice and conservation fields; our role is to help make them stronger. We do this by providing both organizational development support and technical expertise.
We deliver our support services to select local partner organizations through the following process and actions:
- Establishing a long term relationship and developing a close understanding of each of our local partners;
- Developing a customized organizational strengthening process with and for each of our partners, striving to meet them where they are at a given time and responding to their own needs and circumstances;
- Coaching and supporting each partner through each stage of the change process;
- Providing them with targeted bridge funding and/or supporting them to raise funds and secure new supporters as needed;
- Integrating knowledge and expertise on African natural resource issues with organizational development approaches to help our partners strengthen both their impacts and their organizations;
- Facilitating wider collaborations that provide our partners with opportunities to engage in new initiatives and to achieve greater results at landscape and national scale;
- Using our networks to link our partners to national, regional, and global processes, information, collaborators, and supporters;
- Taking on select research and analytic projects or assignments that capitalize on our technical expertise and add value to our core business of supporting our local partners.